Economically and socially disadvantaged young people across London simply don’t have access to London’s skyline and the vibrant range of opportunities beneath it.
For many young Londoners living in boroughs like Lambeth or Redbridge, they are no more connected to or engaged with the heart of their capital city than they are connected to Paris, Madrid or Moscow.
As a consequence, many young people are unaware and ill-equipped to make the most of the wealth of opportunities; economic, cultural and social, that are available to them within minutes of leaving their front door.
Young people are missing out on the inspiration and opportunity London provides to be a positive change for good, and so we are failing to nurture and fully develop the next generation of parents, employees and community leaders.
..it had a huge impact on me, my attitude has improved and when at the law firm, it made me realise I could be that professional in my future too!!
KKM, Yr 9 student
..I’m more confident to help others
and to work as a team..
..Anything is possible!!
AM, Yr 10 student
We Are London will change that by:
- Providing access to London’s skyline for all young people living in the capital
- Inspiring and motivating young people through: new experiences, building their own personal networks and providing opportunities for personal growth
- Establishing a positive and sustainable future for young people to thrive by becoming engaged, active and proud citizens of London
- Helping young people to acquire and develop the skills and confidence to become “magnets” for positive change within their families, their communities and their city
- Utilising the vast learning opportunities within the capital through the London Curriculum